Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Portrait of Sheila - watercolor portrait

It's always fun and unpredictable to paint on Yupo and this little portrait (about 10 x 8") was no exception!  Not really my thing, but watercolor is exciting to do every now and then.  My brush was actually a 'round' for oil or acrylic - kind of a no-no, I guess, but I had a good time.  I worked from an old drawing - one of my collection of thousands (okay, maybe just hundreds) - I spent a lot of time in my life attending drawing groups - hence my collection of drawings, which often have another life as a painting many years later.  I finally had to get rid of most of these drawings and just keep the photos of them on my computer.  How modern is that?!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I can't imagine doing a portrait in watercolor but using yupo would be even more difficult!!! I love this portrait Connie! I zoomed on it and her face is flawless! Wonderful work!!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Hilda - it was fun, but not doing another one soon!